wooden shoes and windmills

10.2.05

home again, home again...

As the heading of this post would suggest I am, in fact, home again. This time it's for good - or as "for good" as anything in a single twenty-something's life can be. I've said "goodbye" to Europe (for the time being), and "hello" once again to good ole' Southern California. I'm not terribly happy about the change, but not really all that upset about it either. Profound, eh? I'm tired, and not sure how to feel, and my head is in many places - could be because I've only been on the ground now for about five hours and am still on Dutch time. It could also be that I've left Europe about six months sooner than planned.....

I did, however, spend six days travelling to Brugges and Parijs to console my disjointed spirit - to reconnect with my displaced self. It didn't happen. I'm still as disjointed and displaced (or maybe I'm misplaced...) as ever, but I have some awesome pictures and more than a few stories of adventure to bear witness to my journey.

'Spose now I should change the name of this little spot since I am no longer surrounded by windmills - a big disappointment - or wooden shoes (though I did come home with a couple pair).

Also, should start looking for a "real" job. Hm... how does one DO that?!
|| Heather, 15:39

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten