wooden shoes and windmills

10.4.05

Feels like home to me

Being back in Seattle (we arrived yesterday), I'm reminded how much I LOVE this place. I was crazy to even think I'd be able to permanently settle somewhere other than here someday

After my aunt, cousin and sister (Becca is down from school this weekend!!!) picked us up at the airport, we headed over to my other cousins' little league game. Kyle (11) and Shane (10) are great baseball players!

"Can I have some of your tots?" Then we hit up one of our favourite Pacific Northwest fastfood that isn't fastfood restaurants: Taco Time. Taco Time is great for reasons only people who have ever been there would appreciate: Crisp Bean Burritos and the best pellet ice on earth - oh, and really great tots.

The afternoon was spent playing with my cousins and practicing my swing in my uncle's homemade batting cage - complete with pitching gun. 11-year-old Kyle stood outside the cage coaching my stance and telling me why I was having trouble connecting bat to ball. "Don't move your feet so much, Heather! Pretend your feet are stuck in cement. Put 75 percent of your weight on your back leg and when you swing forward lift your heel up like this." He was great, so serious.

I love being with family.
|| Heather, 11:42

0 Comments:

Een reactie posten